Monday, October 5, 2015

Fires burn slowly...

"Now Autumn's fire burns slowly along the woods and day by day the dead leaves fall and melt."


As Maxine once stated "Fall is here. Things dry up and fall off and I try not to see the coincidence."

Boy can I relate to that, I think things on me are drying up and falling off or at least heading south, and I would certainly love for the rest of me to head south also. But....

So why is it that birds, geese, and other animals head south, because they realize winter sucks the life out of you. Or maybe not so literaly, but let me just say "I HATE WINTER"...now I am ok if I could just sit at home, drink hot coffee with a good book and a blanket and watch the snow fall it is pretty. It is not so pretty when I have to leave the comfort of my warm home and attempt to venture out into it and go to work. Then it sux... (Of course I took a horrific fall back in 2008 and broke 3 ribs, cracked my pelvic bone, bruised my right butt cheek, and gave myself a concusion that I didn't wake up from until the next day)... so I am let just say not a fan of winter.

But absolutely love fall. I love the leaves turning colors and then falling from the trees. I love to watch the squirrels gather all of their nuts, seeds, etc. (My husband and I feed them and the birds)... so we love to watch them. My dog, Maggie Mae, just loves to run after the squirrels and they will run up the trees and chatter at her.

But fall is an amazing way of God, giving Earth a way of cleansing. Each season cleanses the earth and allows nature to be reborn after a blanket of snow covers and protects the precious ground. But most of us don't look at it all this way.

But I just never seem to allow God cleanse me. Have you given yourself time to be cleansed? I am not talking about a shower, or cleansing your palate. But have you really sat down and looked at your own life and decided it was time to clean up some stuff. (people, things, social media, books, music, etc). I have done so in the past and yet I let it all pile back up. So we should all take advantage of the seasons in our lives. Let the leaves fall outside from the trees but also allow fall to take place in our own lives. I sit (except its been cold) in the morning with my coffee while Maggie Mae runs around and smells and enjoys the outdoors and I watch the sunset. So this is just one little thing that I enjoy doing along with a great cup of coffee. But I have never let winter wash me clean or spring bring forth a new life in myself or summer to make me hot and sweaty so I can shower in the rain (or shower) to cleanse my body for the next day.

As I have always told my kids, people come into our lives for a reason & a season. So we all must learn from these people and take to heart what experiences you gain and move on in your life knowing the full experience has helped shape who you are.

So I think I have hardened like the leaves on the tree and I am drying up and falling. I am falling down into a pile that I just don't like. I keep looking at the glass as "half empty" but as a wise lady stated the glass can always be "re-filled". So I need to keep pushing forward on looking at the glass and hoping that is gets re-filled sooner than later.

So as the leaves fall and the season's change. Take heart and know you to can change and change with the seasons. (at least until I move South for ever in the warmth)... So we all must strive to not let our chronic illnesses define who we are. There are others out there that are worse than we are and yes our struggles are great and can make it hard for us to make it thru each day, but hey if you can go to bed at night and get up each morning, then it is a clean slate to re-write your next day. I have to just keep looking at life that way.

So are you gonna just let the leaves fall down and sweep them away? Or are you going to make a pile and be like a kid and jump into them? I think I will go leaf surfing... with my Maggie Mae of course

Keep Smiling
Carla
 

No comments:

Post a Comment