Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Roots of a tree...

"Without roots a tree no matter how tall, cannot stand!"



How long do you think you can stand without your own roots? We may not be made with roots like a tree but we do have our own musculoskeletal system which allows us all to stand firm. But what if your skeletal system didn't even exist? Then I guess we would all be like jelly fish. We would swim in the sea and enjoy life in a different way.

Isn't that how we all are now? We all look and enjoy life in a different way with a different perspective. We "as humans" all look at people from the outside, where as the Lord looks at the heart.

Why do we all judge people from their outward appearance when our lives really count from who we are on the inside? From our own roots, our musculoskeletal system. Some of us have chronical illnesses that causes our own body systems to be incomplete, or how should we put it, short stack of the root system. Does this make us any less taller? Nope, we are all as tall as we feel we are.

I guess as the old saying goes "If a tree falls in the wood and no one is there, does it make a sound?"

So if we are all alone and we were to fall down do we make a sound? Most likely yes cause we would hear ourselves say "ouch" or even more descriptive words. I know as we get older the ground seems to be farther and farther away.

Did God make us with a skeletal system that keeps our human from in shape (what kind of shape) and some people like to state (round is a shape)... Yep, sounds good to me. So if we were to stand up or even sit up tall does that mean our roots are making us taller? I'd like to think so.

I have experienced the ability of cutting down trees for firewood. Have you ever counted the many rings on a tree trunk? This is stated as to indicate out old the tree was. I'd like to think that some trees have many rings because they bring character to the tree. Just think how much a tree endures, it is there to protect us from the sun, protect us from the rain, gives us green leaves, gives us autumn fall with beautiful colors that can bring about imagination that makes up gorgeous paintings. And I am sure trees are posts for Angels to sit among us and view our daily lives from. Or I like to think so.

So why is it that if the roots of a tree are sickly this brings about a sickly tree? The same as our human bodies, if our roots are sickly then we are sickly outwardly. But what if, we don't see the outward sickly form of a tree (or a person). What if this illness is deep inside our roots? Therefore our diseases are silent killers deep within our roots that no one from the outside can see. All they can do is believe. That is exactly the word "Believe". I have been told many different times "Well you don't look sick". As I am sure many people who have a inwardly chronical illness has heard. But yep, our roots are sick but you just cannot see that we are.

But I want to believe that if we can fix our roots then we can fix our bodies. But sometimes it just doesn't work that way. We cannot always fix our roots therefore our insides of our bodies cannot be fixed. We just have to endure the swaying of the winds, the fridged temperatures, the icy patches, the lightining, the rain and whatever else nature throws at our roots. It's just all in how we "stand tall" which gives us our ability to survive. To survive our silent illnesses.

My roots have chosen to be sickly and recently I had to have a feeding tube placed and therefore I now have an outward sign of my tree that shows that my roots are sickly. But you know once I am gone I wonder how many rings can be counted to show how many years I have lived. How many years I had endured the ravashing of life. Exactly that "believe" in "life" and believe that our roots help us to stand tall and to stand tall for what we believe in. No matter what it is that you truly believe in, no one can take that away from you. Your roots give you free will to think and believe. And all of our beliefs are different in some way.

So I say "stand tall" and let your roots stay planted until it is time for our tree to be cut down and then just then they can count your rings of life. I hope that my rings of life will show and expose many different sides of me. Because I chose to believe.

Keep Smiling
Carla



























No comments:

Post a Comment