Monday, May 18, 2015

Growing Up

"Growing up is not going nearly as efficiently as I had hoped"

I'm sure all of us can agree that this quote is so very true for us in our daily lives. But we all know
we can't go back and grow up differently, but then we don't know what kind of plans God has for us.

I know my life has not been very efficient, in fact quite the opposite. And it just seems like I am always getting myself into situations that I cannot control, or that I cannot get out of. So we must
call that growing pains... So yes I am suffering the consequences of my actions. Consequences teach us more than anybody else can.

I had to learn when I was raising my 3 teenagers that I had to bit my lip alot and let them make the mistakes I knew weren't right (as long as it wasn't hurting them or hurting anybody else), because the consequences was going to teach them the lesson learned.

But what do we do, when we are truly unhappy? This is a question I have been mulling around in my head constantly. I know I keep looking to others to make me happy when really we all must look deep inside of ourselves and find that one true happiness. That happiness that makes us feel that we love ourselves. This can always be extremely hard when we face a Chronic Illness day in and day out. So how do we get our own self esteem back when you look in the mirror and all you see is a chronically ill person looking back at you?

So I sure wish I could have grown up better and that my grown up life had been much more efficient. But all I can figure out is that God has a great sense of humor and loves me enough to make me prove it to him every day.

So has you growing up been efficient?

Keep Smiling

Carla
















No comments:

Post a Comment