Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Words

"These are the words I want on my gravestone: that I was a helper, I loved unconditionally and I actually did dance in the rain"

I guess none of us want to think about our gravestone and what we want on it. Because we all feel like our lives are long and death is hopefully not going to happen until we turn a ripe old age. The truth is we never will ever know when God will finally call us to our eternal home in heaven. And I really don't want to know when God is going to take me home. But let me tell you, I sure wish that my life here on earth had not been such a struggle with all of the trials and tribulations that I have been dealt. All I can think of is that God knows I am generally a strong person (I said generally not every day) I face my demons just like everyone else.

So what do I want on my gravestone and the memories I leave behind my legacy is that: I was loving, caring, kind, funny, witty, brave, musical, warm and unconditionally loving to my kids & family, a great and loyal friend, loved my fur babies (esp. Maggie Mae), loved all animals, loved all people no matter what, and that I looked at life with different eyes.

But I guess we can't get all of these and maybe more on my gravestone. So the words I want on my gravestone hopefully will say that:  "Read my bio, it describes me thourougly."

So I have started my Blog to help, entertain, and show my love for others. I'm sure there are haters out there that may not look at life and my bio as I do, but who cares what the haters think. I have always kept a model of never hating someone. It doesn't mean I may not like someone therefore I just don't talk to some people. But God has motivated me to be loving to all others in every way that I can.

My health issues have certainly made me look at life much differently and knowing that my death may come upon me sooner than later. So this quote really makes you stop and think. Who am I really? How do others look at me? What do others think of me? (Although I really don't care honestly what others think about me), all I know is that I have lived the life that I was dealth with and I have no regrets (Just some mistakes) and I have suffered through many consequences. So nobody is perfect. (Sure wish I could be) but only God is perfect. And we are all loved by God in an imperfect way because yep we are human. I appreciate all that I have been given and I am very hunbled for the gifts in my life (i.e. my kids, my spouse, friends, work, etc).

I know for certain I don't want my gravestone to say that I was a victim of bad health... So I guess I better not let my health issues define who I truly am.

So what would your gravestone say on it?

Keep Smiling

Carla







No comments:

Post a Comment