Monday, August 10, 2015

Fear...

"Fear is the first and last obstacle on your path to greatness!!!"


I have never really given this quote a lot of thought. But as I do it is so very true.

Of course it all boils down to what you feel is "your" greatness. My thoughts for myself to achieve my greatness would now be healthy. I am sure as we all live our lives and as we progress thru our own lives this fear of achieving our greatness would change and differ a lot.

So as you reflect on what exactly your fears are and how you can at first attack this fear and make it your last obstacle to move onto your greatness you need to decide what is it that you would like your greatness to be?

Like I said right at this point in my life my biggest fear is my health. I have mad some choices, some I thought would be good, and they turned out wrong simply because my own body didn't like the choices I made. So now I am chronically ill and the fear of these illnesses has pretty much crippled me mentally, physically, financially and emotionally. But why do we do this to ourselves?

Why do we let fear over take us? My mother was extremely afraid of "water" so much so she would never ever let herself get into the shower. She instilled this fear into my siblings and myself. I have over came this fear as a teenager (for the most part) and I made it most certain to NOT let this fear be my own children's and they all 3 swim like fish. So fears can be a first and last obstacle that we learn from our growing up, from society, from our inner selves, from just about anything. These fears can most certainly cripple a person to the point of never seeing the real true daylight. Daylight of greatness.

I had to work very hard on getting over my stage fright when I started singing at a young age. And today I am do not have stage fright, I can sing, speak, open up and just be in front of people of any kind at any time.

I know some people wish they could over come their fears. But the thing is "you can"...it's not easy and so it takes a lot of work. I never realized the fear that I had built up until recently when I went to my counselor and I have come to realize that I have built up a fear about my health. I am afraid to proceed on with my life simply because of my fear over being sick all the time. So now I need to somehow learn how to overcome this fear. I want to be able to participate in life again. And I guess I still do, I still go to work, I've started going to Planet Fitness, I got my feeding tube removed (temporarily tho), and I am trying to learn to "LOVE" myself again. Trust me this is not easy. I have been thru way much more than any human should be in my short 48 years of life. And not being afraid is a huge accomplishment. But I think I take comfort in knowing my Grandma was a strong faithful woman and I am a chip off of her.

So my strong will, my strong faith and my open personality has taught me to stop being afraid.

So today I am going to loose this fear I have with my health and I am going to become proactive in getting over it. What do I have to loose?

"Fear is the first and last obstacle on your path to greatness"...

What is your greatness?  And what is your fear that is stopping you?

Keep Smiling

Carla





No comments:

Post a Comment