Monday, July 13, 2015

Become Important...

“It doesn't become important until you don't have it anymore.” 


So I ask you, "what is IT that is so important?"

I have sat back so many times and have asked myself this question.

For so many people the "it" in their lives are so many different things, such as money, job, love, health, kids, family, spouse, God, a higher power, and so on and so on...

So I guess one must sit back and prioritize that specific "it" in their own lives that they truly feel is the most important thing or set of things in their own lives. I know that since my health as deteroiated for the last several years that money is not on the top of my list as most important. Although as we all know; life revolves around money and it seems like that's what every body wants. The creditors, debtors, etc all desire to get our hard earned money before we even earn it. (That is if you can still work, and for some of us with a chronic illness that is hard to do)...

I have sat back and I have re-evaluated my life at different times and I have came to the realization that the most important "it"s in my life are my kids, my spouse, my God and it trickles on down from there.

As I sat around the dinning room table this past weekend with my 3 kids, my soon to be son-in-law, soon to be potential daughter-in-law and a good family friend (unfortuantely my husband could not be with us) and as I sat there and laughed (until we cried) and joked, and talked and played cards. It was one of my most memorable times with my kids.

I just simply feel so very sorry for parents who don't have their kids in their lives, or that kids have lost their parents or just anybody who has lost a very special someone.

Life is way too short to not enjoy our lives and compansionship with tour own families. It just makes me sad to know people are out there in this world alone. Sometimes it is their own decisions and that is their own free will, but I think if they could sit at the head of a dinning room table with their children and laugh, cry, etc these people would soon realize what they are missing.

So is "It" extremely important to wish for a million dollars, or a dollop of sour cream, or a better job, or whatever "it" is you desire? No. We all have free will to wish for, desire, want things in our lives. So we shouldn't beat ourselves up for these wants. (I dream all the time...I wish I could live on a remote warm, sunny island somewhere & of course with my kids, spouse and friends). I also wish I could have good health, some money to live on at least live comfortably, and a few other bucket list items. (that is human nature)

What do you truly desire that is your "it" important think in your life?

I like to think that I have many gifts that I can offer to people that hopefully can help enrich their lives and make it more full. I guess these are called gifts from God. So I like to think these gifts are my important "it's" in life.

Keep Smiling

Carla

 

No comments:

Post a Comment