Friday, July 10, 2015

Imperfections....

“Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.” 


I guess I will start out with I must be a mad genious because I am certainly NOT perfect. I have many imperfections and I am sure all of us do.

But what are your "imperfections"? Have you really ever sat down and thought about it, or do you just look at yourself daily in the mirror and decide that your imperfections are always what makes you whom you are today?

I know I have let all of my imperfections rule my life and rule how I look at life. But this quote does kindo of make me sit back and wonder. If "imperfection is beauty, madness is genious then I guess it is better to be riduculous that boring". Trust me I am most certainly NOT boring. My kids, husband, friends, family etc have all told me many many times that I am a "one of a kind" person, exciting, entertaining and a storm in the making. I kind of like that fact. I am not 'tooting' my own horn, but I do have to agree I am "Not right"... I may be a religious fanatic (I just strive hard to rely on my faith), I am wild, I am dependable, I am mysterious, I am hilarious, I can do so many things that people can't do. My husband told me the other night that I am "sweet and kind"... I told him that is what a good wife is supposed to be.

But that is what makes us all unique and perfectly "imperfect".

I was walking in a haze yesterday. I had read on my facebook page that a sister of our Gastroparesis family had passed away from complications of this horrible disease. That really hit me hard. We all have been dealing with horrible life altering chronic illnesses some how. And I have stood and looked at myself in the mirror yesterday and I noticed several "imperfections"...and I was truly saddened by hearing of this loss. As we all struggle daily and I myself have been really struggling very hard and as you all know I have attempted to end all of the pain and misery back on June 2nd.

So I stood and looked at myself in the mirror and I decided that even tho we all have multiple "imperfections" it's ok. We are human and not God. We are meant to all be different because that is what makes this world go around. I am "not"going to let my imperfections define who I am. I plan on defining who I am by the person I am and not the illnesses I have.

So how about you? What are you going to do? How are you going to face your "imperfections"?

I kind of like the idea of being ridiculous instead of boring. So I may work towards being this kind of person. Because boring is just that boring. (disclosure = boring is ok for awhile but life happens and being boring can be just that boring)...

So take a look at yourself in the mirror and really look at that person staring back at you. Decide that it's ok to be imperfect and that it's ok that we all have some kind of chronic illness and it's ok to be weak, or numb, or in a dark place, or sick or what ever demons have gripped you, because we can't choose to be happy if we all have never ever experienced heart ache.

Keep Smiling

Carla



No comments:

Post a Comment