Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Change...

"I can be changed by what happens to me. But I refuse to be reduced by it!"


This quote really resonates with me. I have been through so much physically, emotionally, mentally, spiritually and so forth that I have changed so very much. But I have chosen to never be reduced by it.

I truly think that most people in some sort of way have had so many things happen to them and they have let it reduce their lives by it. So why?

The church that I used to attend has a youth group service once a year, although I can no longer be a part of it due to distance, I still love them and long for them so very much. They were there for me when I needed them all the most during a most difficult change in my life and they taught me to never let it all reduce me. The people (whom I call my church family) taught me to "Be the Change" upon which they just had a recent youth group service and their message was about "Being the Change"...

So how can any of us "Be the Change" and yet let change happen to us but not let it reduce us?

A question I think we all face day in and day out. So we; as individuals; must look deep within and let ourselves decide do we let everything that has happened to us reduce us to a pile of ruble or do we stand back up with our heads up high and our backs up straight and face all of these new changes in a way that makes each of us stronger on the other side?

I know after the loss of my memory and falling into a pile on the front room floor about 3 weeks ago because I could not remember anything and I had lost my husbands anniversary present. And all I could think about was how, why and when will this misery stop? Then I realized the only way the misery was going to stop is in how I viewed it all. Do we let these horrible things take us down or do we look it all back in the face and move on? I have chosen to just take it all in stride and move on forward to my future (what ever it holds). And eventually I found my husbands anniversary gift. (In my purse of course).

So facing adversity, change or whatever, we can not let ourselves succumb to it all. Even when we are chronically ill and in a hospital bed with tubes and needles in us. Do we just hang it all up? I have went through so many surgeries, hospital stays, pain, suffering etc and yet I am still here. Why? I have asked this question to God so many times. Why am I still here? And all I can here is a voice deep in my head saying "I know the plans I have for you". Let me tell you I sure wish God would show me his plans he has for me. Because so far I haven't really enjoyed these plans much. But my wonderful husband has shown me that the plans God has for me they are not always the plans we have chosen for ourselves.

So we all must strive to "Be the Change"... Be the change that God wants us to be and strive to make this a better place here on earth for those we care for, like, love, etc. Even with all of the adversity going on in the news, even tho my son is always facing stoopid people and he wishes he could slap the stoopid off their faces and out of their mouths, I have taught him to just look at these people and smile and kill them with kindness for they do not know what God has planned for any of us. And maybe just maybe God has planned for each of us to "Be the Change"...

I have chosen to let what has happened to me change me but I have chosen to not let it reduce me. Yes this is hard some days and yet easy on other days. But I will not let it reduce me to tears.

Keep Smiling

Carla







No comments:

Post a Comment