Thursday, July 16, 2015

Underestimate me....

"Don't underestimate me. I know more than I say, think more than I speak & notice more than you realize."


Have you ever noticed that at times "silence is golden?"

I know most people can probably relate to this statement/quote. I know I certainly can. I always had to teach my kids that there are times and places to speak or to listen. But never ever let anyone underestimate you.

As I think about this quote is does come to mind that we all have our own thoughts, our own feelings, and some of us just never ever get noticed. We are people here on earth that help make the earth revolve, but do people really understand us? That is what makes life interesting. The cultural differences that we all are. If we were all alike the world would be a boring place.

I have always risen to a challenge (that is completely my character) when someone tells me "No" I can't do it. My ex-husband found out the hard way to never underestimate me. I knew more than I said, and I physically thought out the process and I was able rise to the challenge and thus forth our 3 kids and myself moved out of the house abruptly because he was having an affair, but he told me once "You will never leave me, you don't have the courage", boy did I ever prove him wrong.

Now my life has taken a much different direction and a direction I never ever thought would happen. Sometimes we all just let our gut instincts guide us or we are head strong and guide our own paths; however you do it is all your choice. Just don't let anyone underestimate the power that you have in being yourself and living your life as you choose.

When even being chronically ill, I am trying to set goals for myself and learning how to navigate this hell on earth (My body has been trapped into a personal hell with all of my health issues). But one thing is for sure I never let anyone underestimate me now. Not after all that I have been through.

We must keep our eyes, ears, sense of smell, taste and any and all senses up and going constantly. Because it is with our own free will that we can learn to take in all of our surroundings, choose to enjoy these moments or special gifts, and no always have to talk about them. We all don't have to be arrogant in the way we talk. It is a good thing at times to just let ourselves to sit back and listen, deep think, and notice more than others. I always like to take my dog, Maggie, outside and we experience our surroundings. It is interesting to look at life through a dog or pet's eyes. We, humans, are their people and we must take care of them to keep them healthy and happy. And I see Maggie's eyes light up when I come home. She truly knows what all of her senses tell her. So she may not be able to speak but trust me never underestimate this little girl because she is smart.

What part of your senses have you used lately? These senses can help you to evolve and become more aware of your surroundings and it helps you to establish who you are. And possibly just possibly people with stop underestimating you, and then you can speak, and show that you do know more than they realized.

Stop to smell the roses (so to speak) today. And look at your surroundings and never ever let anyone "underestimate" you!! No matter how sickly you are, or how depressed you are, and so on. Because you are a unique you and that is a good thing.

Keep Smiling

Carla













No comments:

Post a Comment