Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Shadow...

"What do you see when you look at your own shadow?"


I don't know about you but I used to look at my shadow and was pleased with what I saw. Now I am not so sure...

So why do we all torture ourselves over how we look, how we feel, what we think, who we are, our social status and so on and so on and so on?

I had decided a long time ago that I was NOT going to live my life to please everyone else. I have always worked hard at being a good person, a good mother, a good wife, and good sister, a good aunt, and so forth. But you know what happens, you start to loose yourself when you work so hard to please everyone else. So what about pleasing yourself?

Alot of people state that if we go about life pleasing our owns wants, desires, etc that it makes one a selfish person? But is it really selfish to want to be happy? or to be content? or to love? or to what ever your heart desires?

I don't think so, because if we can't love ourselves, be happy with ourselves and so on, then we can't be a good person, good mother, good wife etc.

I do truly believe that your inner soul thrives to be who you want yourself to be and if you are truly who you want to be then it will show on your outside and your shadow will do a happy dance every time you stop to look at it.

So I do realize that life has a way of beating us all down. Beating us down to the point that when we look at our shadow we don't like what we see. So take some time for yourself every now and then so you can become content with your inner self and so your shadow will shine brightly even when we face a chronic illness, or loss, or hurt, pain, suffering, etc... Because we all must go through the trials and tribulations that are thrown at us when we walk on this earth and yet God asks us to be a good and happy person. So it's not really selfish to choose to be happy.

I have lost my zest for life about a month or so ago. And so when I have been looking at my shadow I haven't really liked what I see. My shadow seems to frown when I am down. So to make my shadow happy and dancing I need to choose to wake up happy every day and be thankful for what God (or a higher power) has given me. And so I look at my husband, my kids, my family, my work and so forth and I do truly believe I am a better person for having all of these things in my life and therefore I need to choose to wake up everyday and appreciate all that I have and not feel selfish for taking care of my inner happiness so I can continue to be a good person and then maybe just then I will take a look at my shadow and I will see it "Smiling back at me"...

Keep Smiling

Carla



No comments:

Post a Comment