Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Cry versus Smile...

“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.” 


How many of us have sat down and just simply cried because something we cherished or wanted was over? 

Just as I had stated awhile back in one of my blogs, I had indicated that we can choose to Rejoice or Mourn. This quote pretty much says the same thing. We can either cry because it's over, or simply smile because it happened to us. (No matter "what" it is)

Now I know a lot of men out there are going to sit back and say "I don't cry" its not a manly thing to do. Well let me tell you men and any nay sayer's out there, Crying is NOT for whimps or sissy's. Crying is a great way to show your true feelings, release those emotions that bottle up inside of all of us, and really does help one to feel better after a good cry. A good cry can be beneficial in a lot of different ways. So why is it that we all suffer many different illnesses? Chronic Illnesses? Is it because we don't take care of ourselves? Is it because we are being punished by a higher power? Is it because we weren't who we should be in maybe a prior life? Or are we just simply human?

I hope to think it is because we are simply human in a body that we are only given once, and sure if we choose to abuse and not take care of our bodies it goes against our minds and starts to cave in and becomes sick. I used to always think that I was being punished with bad health because I was to wild for so many years and that I did not always take care of myself. But then I realized that I am not being punished I am being given a chance to not really cry about things because it was over, but that I am given a chance to smile because it simply happened to me in my life.

So no matter what you are dealing with on a daily basis, its not always that bad. It could be worse. Such as a small toddler going thru chemo and radiation treatments with parents sitting back wondering why their child is going thru all of this. Or it could be that we watch a loved one die in a horrible car crash, or that these mass shootings are happening, or what ever horrible things are happening in the news daily. Then we all need to sit back in our chair or couch and take a look at our own lives. How bad is your own life? What can you do to make your life better for yourself and for others?

I know I have done this soooo many times, but I never really sat back and evaluated my life until I tried to take my own life, and let me tell you, you wake up to faces full of love and caring and understanding yet those same faces are unsure, unhappy, upset and realize they could have lost you. I have sat back and have came to the conclusions that I need to stop crying over the things that have I have lost, and instead smile over these things that have happened. Simply because these things that have happened in my life have made me the person I am today. And let me tell you I am beginning to like this person that I am today.

I am a strong, sensitive, loving, crazy, happy, caring, honory, chronically ill, mother, wife, lover, giver, taker, God loving, fearful, Bipolar, sickly, tired, exhausted, bucket list full kind of woman. It doesn't mean I love myself every single day, but I strive to love myself every single day.

So then "why are we all crying over things when we could actually sit back and smile because it has happened to us in our lives?"

Food for thought, or sort of

Keep Smiling

Carla












No comments:

Post a Comment